As a New Zealand owned firm, Forsyth Barr has always sought to provide meaningful and relevant support back into New Zealand communities. From sports to the arts, we are proud to be actively involved in a wide range of local community events, and contributing back to the people who live and work there.
Forsyth Barr Stadium
Forsyth Barr is the naming rights sponsor for Forsyth Barr Stadium (www.forsythbarrstadium.co.nz).
Other Forsyth Barr support
We actively support many organisations and utilise our relationships and resources to leverage opportunities for these groups, ensuring such investments make a real difference for all involved.
The following are just some examples of our support:
- Cranford Hospice Charity Wine Auction. Forsyth Barr is proud to support the Cranford Hospice as a Platinum Partner of the annual Hawke’s Bay Wine Auction. In 2018 the auction raised a record $265,500. This is an amazing result and means that since 2014, a total of $622,000 has been raised to support the work of Cranford Hospice.
- Otago Medical Research Foundation. Forsyth Barr has been a supporter of the Otago Medical Research Foundation’s Annual Fundraising dinner since its inception in 2013. Over the past five years, more than $350,000 has been raised by the Foundation through the dinner by way of sponsorship, ticket sales, auction, raffle and donations with these funds going directly to the Foundation’s work of establishing research projects and scholarships.
- Books in Homes. Breaking the cycle of illiteracy in New Zealand is one of the key factors for Duffy Books in Homes (http://www.booksinhomes.org.nz). Since 1995 Forsyth Barr has supported this charity that works to provide free books to approximately 550 low decile schools, so that over 100,000 children all receive a minimum of five books per year.
- Christchurch. One community which all New Zealanders can empathise with is Christchurch. Following the devastating earthquakes, we made significant donations to organisations including Urban Search & Rescue and the Rescue Helicopter Service from monies generously donated by Forsyth Barr and our staff throughout New Zealand.
- Wellington City Mission. We support the Wellington City Mission’s Annual “Pack the Bus” Christmas Food Appeal in Lower Hutt and Wellington (www.wellingtoncitymission.org.nz). This appeal has become the key source of food at Christmas for the Wellington City Mission.
- RSA Choir. The Dunedin RSA Choir had its origin on the Gallipoli battlefield and today continues to play a valued role in Dunedin’s cultural activities and celebrations of significant historical events. In addition to regular concerts, the Choir provides scholarships to classical voice students at the University of Otago Music Department. Forsyth Barr is pleased to sponsor the work of the Choir.
- Arts Foundation of New Zealand. Forsyth Barr’s integral support of the Arts Foundation New Zealand has been recognised with the title of “Honorary Lifetime Partner”. Our Principal Sponsorship of the Arts Foundation over eight years enabled significant growth both financially, with over $2.5 million donated to artists, and culturally, with over 100 artists being celebrated at Laureate and Icon Award ceremonies. Forsyth Barr Laureates on Stage events connected artists and the public nationwide and won the National Business Review's 'Art Sponsor of the Year' award in 2006.
- The Dowse Art Museum. As a Founding Partner for The Dowse Foundation, Forsyth Barr was part of a group who, in 2006-2007, worked to raise over $2 million towards the renovation of Lower Hutt’s contemporary art museum. The Dowse Foundation continues to raise funds for this nationally renowned art museum’s ongoing developments.
- Arts Festival Dunedin. Forsyth Barr was the first company to commit as a sponsor of the Arts Festival Dunedin (www.artsfestivaldunedin.co.nz) for the inaugural festival in 2000. Forsyth Barr has supported every subsequent Festival by sponsoring the St Paul’s at One Lunch-time Series, which brings a high calibre of performing musicians to entertain the community within St Paul’s Cathedral in the centre of Dunedin.
- Festival of Colour. The Festival of Colour is a regional arts festival which brings diverse and colourful international shows and the best of New Zealand’s music, theatre, dance and video art to Wanaka and the Southern Lakes. Forsyth Barr is delighted to be a Silver Sponsor of this vibrant biennial festival that is helping the arts to become an integral part of the local community.
- Otago Diabetes Trust. With over 200,000 New Zealanders affected by diabetes, research into this incurable disease is vital. As a sponsor of Dunedin’s event for World Diabetes Day, Forsyth Barr is pleased to assist The Otago Diabetes Trust in raising awareness. For further details visit http://www.otagodiabetesresearch.org.nz/
- Iwi Chairs Forum. The Iwi Chairs Forum is in place to discuss and enable Māori aspirations in the spheres of cultural, social, economic, environmental and political development. Forsyth Barr was proud to be the main sponsor of the 2014 Iwi Chairs Forum held in Tauranga.
- Tennis South Canterbury Facility Sponsorship. Tennis South Canterbury is a non-profit organisation that encourages and supports clubs throughout the region and works to. Forsyth Barr is proud to sponsor the organisation and its work to enhance the potential of players within the South Canterbury region.
- Rotary. Throughout New Zealand many Forsyth Barr staff members are involved in their local communities, supporting a variety of causes and initiatives such as Rotary. Forsyth Barr are represented through individual staff contributions to various Rotary districts around New Zealand in addition to sponsorship opportunities. At a national level, Forsyth Barr was the principal sponsor of the 2011 Rotary South Pacific Presidents Elect Training Seminar (SPPETS) which provided presidents of Rotary districts in the South Pacific a way to train and interact with other international Rotary districts.
- 2018 Plain English Awards. Summer KiwiSaver scheme is a proud supporter of the 2018 Plain English Awards. At Summer we want to help New Zealanders on their investing journey by improving their understanding of investment markets generally, and our partnership with the 2018 Plain English Awards is a reflection of that goal.
You may also be interested in: