Forsyth Barr is a leading market participant firm of the New Zealand Exchange (NZX). We link directly into NZX and our arrangements with other brokers around the globe provide access to international stock markets.
Call us on 0800 367 227 to get started
Buying and selling shares is made easy with Forsyth Barr. Once you are signed up as a client, transactions can be arranged over the phone.
Buying and selling shares is made easy with Forsyth Barr
Click here to find out further details on buying or selling shares with Forsyth Barr or to contact an Investment Adviser who can help you.
Our Sharebroking Service Provides You With:
- Quality research. Clients benefit from exclusive access to our investment investment research. We produce many daily and weekly commentaries and provide extensive coverage of NZ, Australian and international stocks.
- Global affiliations. We maintain a network of affiliations with some of the world’s leading sharebroking firms, ensuring access to global market intelligence. Being independent of these firms, we are not bound by or restricted to using only the product of a dominant global owner.
- Online monitoring. Register on the Forsyth Barr website to access research exclusively from our extensive research library. You can also keep track of your investments by creating watch-lists as well as monitoring financial news and market movements.
- Access new issues. Clients are able to access investments in new issues of equity and debt securities.
- Cash management. Use your Forsyth Barr Cash Management account to simply and efficiently settle your transactions, and to receive income and dividends from your investments. This is available for all major currencies.
- NZX Firm. Forsyth Barr is an accredited NZX Firm governed by the NZX Market Participant Rules. These regulations ensure a transparent and orderly market and require us to strictly comply with the Rules, which includes daily reporting to the NZX of our financial position and annual/random inspections.
- Financial Adviser Regulations. Forsyth Barr has been granted Qualifying Financial Entity (QFE) status by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA). As a QFE, Forsyth Barr is responsible for the conduct of its financial advisers, such as the delivery of financial adviser services and encouraging their professionalism and integrity. Effectively, the QFE sits between FMA and its advisers and is responsible for ensuring that they meet and maintain appropriate standards.
- One Off Sales. If you have a one-time sale of a security or portfolio of shares to undertake, for example from an inheritance or an estate sale or from a share give-away, we can assist you with this in a manner that avoids the requirement for completion of all the usual paperwork necessary to open an account.