We may collect personal information from you (including, without limitation, your name, email address, phone number, and postal address) when you use our digital platforms, including by using our digital platforms to update personal information we hold about you. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
When you use our digital platforms, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies and sessions) to collect certain information about your visit, including (without limitation):
- the internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer, or digital device to connect to the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer or digital device uses, and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
- the date, time, and duration of your visit; and
- the content viewed by you.
We will also use this information, in a personalised form, to present content we believe is relevant to the user.
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
2. Use and disclosure
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. We may use your personal information to:
- present you with website content that we believe is relevant to you;
- provide you with products and services and information on products and services;
- progress an account application for you, where you have agreed to that;
- provide you with information (including promotional material and news) where you agree to receive such information;
- improve or update our digital platforms and our information and services; communicate with you; and
- analyse usage of our digital platforms.
We may use information collected from use of our digital platforms in aggregate form to analyse how our digital platforms is being used (for example to analyse usage patterns in order to improve our digital platforms).
- for the above-mentioned purposes;
- if you have authorised us to do so (including under the terms and conditions of any relevant Forsyth Barr Client Account);
- where your Forsyth Barr Client Account is linked to another person’s User Account (as those terms are defined in our Access Terms) and that personal information is provided via that person’s User Account;
- if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
3. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of digital platforms. In addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation, we may also use Google Display Network Impression reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and Google Tag Manager. We may collect data this via Google Analytics cookies and other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as DoubleClick cookies) or other third-party identifiers together. Further information about how Google Analytics collects and processes data can be found here.
4. Storage, Security and Retention
Personal information collected on this website is collected and stored by Forsyth Barr Limited. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Where you have provided personal information through our digital platforms in order to progress an account application, we will delete the personal information from our databases if the application is not progressed within a period that we consider to be reasonable.
5. Third Party Websites and Services
6. Right to Access and Correct
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, if you have an account login, by using any facility on our digital platforms that allows you to access and request correction of personal information we hold about you. To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to such personal information as soon as possible.