Becoming a client
Documents for becoming a client are listed below. There are different Client Information Schedules depending on the nature of your required account. For example: individual, joint, trust, etc. Please read through the documents, complete as required and return them to us (Forsyth Barr, Private Bag 1999, Dunedin 9054). It is a regulatory requirement that we receive the original signed version(s) from you.
If you have any questions or need assistance please call us on 0800 367 227 or arrange to meet with an Investment Adviser.
Before opening an account, please familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions for Forsyth Barr Limited.
You will also need to understand the services that we provide and choose one that best suits your requirements.
To assist your decision making process, the key features of Forsyth Barr's private client investment services are summarised in table format within the Private Client Services Comparison of Investment Services PDF.
Scope of Service
Our Scope of Service documents summarise the primary services we provide for private clients. These include a range of services from transaction/execution services, to investment advice, to investment monitoring, to investment management services.
- Investment Transaction Service - Scope of Service
- Investment Advisory Service - Scope of Service
- Portfolio Advisory Service - Scope of Service
- Private Portfolio Management - Scope of Service
- KiwiSaver - Scope of Service
Client Information Schedules
Complete one of the following Client Information Schedules to become a client. Select the form most appropriate to your circumstances:
- Individual or Joint
- Company, Incorporated Society, Incorporated Charitable Trust, Partnership, or Unincorporated Association
- Authorised Company Details
- Trusts and Estates
Below you will find a series of helpful guides to assist you with the new Anti Money Laundering legislation identification requirements.
- Guide to Identity Documents for: Individuals
- Guide to Identity Documents for: Companies, Incorporated Societies, Incorporated Charitable Trusts, Partnerships, or Unincorporated Associations
- Guide to Identity Documents for: Trusts and Estates
- Guide to Identity Documents for: Minors
- Client Profile - this document will assist you and your Investment Adviser in understanding your investment objectives and preferences
If you have any questions please contact one of Forsyth Barr's Investment Advisers.